Oven-Roasted Turkey Legs
- serves 10
Thick and meaty turkey legs seasoned with herbs and olive oil; so simple and so good!Recipe Courtesy Rob Rainford, Licence to Grill.
4 turkey legs with thighs attached, bone on
2 bulbs garlic, roasted
4 sprig thyme, finely chopped
2 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 oz olive oil, for the paste (1/2 cup/125 ml)
2 Tbsp olive oil, to sear the turkey (30 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. De-bone the turkey legs or ask your butcher to do it for you. Cut into the turkey and open it up like an envelope so there is an even layer of turkey.
3. Add the roasted garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper and olive oil to a bowl. Mash together to form a paste.
4. Spread evenly over the de-boned turkey legs. Roll turkey and tie with butcher’s twine.
5. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add turkey rolls and sear until golden brown on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Transfer to baking sheet. Roast turkey until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F., about 35 to 40 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Enjoy.