Pan-Fried Cod Fillet
- serves 4
12 stalks fresh green asparagus
8 stalks fresh white asparagus
Juice of ½ lime, ½ orange and ½ grape fruit
30 mL Pernod
100 mL 35% cream
100 mL extra-virgin oil
salt to taste
tabasco sauce to taste
Fresh tarragon sprigs
4 cod fillets, 100 g (3 ½ oz) each
zest of ½ lime, ½ orange and ½ grape fruit
1. Peel and trim the asparagus, then cut the stalks to an equal length. Blanch, cool and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the citrus juices, Pernod and cream to a boil and continue to boil for 2 minutes. Add 100 ml (3/8 cup) olive oil and season with salt to taste. Add a few fresh tarragon leaves. Keep warm.
3. Heat a skillet and cook the cod fillets in a little olive oil for a few minutes per side. Sprinkle with some of the zest and tarragon leaves.
4. At the same time, in a small skillet, reheat the asparagus in a little olive oil. Season with salt and sprinkle with some more zest and tarragon leaves.
5. Assembly: On heated plates, arrange the asparagus stalks side by side, alternating white and green, to form a mat, and place the cod fillets on top. Top with the sauce. Garnish with zest and tarragon leaves.