Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts with Speedy Pan Sauce
- prep time 10 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 2
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 chicken breasts, skin onSpeedy Pan Sauce
1 small onion, peeled and minced
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
½ cup white wine
½ cup orange juice
1. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
2. When the pan is hot, add butter and oil and when it sizzles, season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the pan, skin side down.
3. Sear until they are well browned, about 10 minutes and then turn them and finish cooking for about 8 minutes.
4. When they are done, remove to a plate and reserve.Speedy Pan Sauce
1. Add onion and garlic to the hot pan, and sauté for a few minutes, until they are softened and begin to caramelize.
2. Add wine and reduce it by half.
3. Add orange juice and continue to reduce until the sauce has a syrup-like consistency.
4. Slice chicken breasts on the bias, and arrange on a small serving platter. Pour the sauce over them and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site