Pan Seared Salmon with Pink Shrimp Hollandaise
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 6
6 5 oz centre cut salmon
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 shallot, finely diced
2 cup wild mushrooms cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup green beans, trimmed and blanched
2 Tbsp parsley, finely choppedPink Shrimp Hollandaise
3 Tbsp white-wine vinegar
3 Tbsp cold water
1 bay leaf
1 sprig fresh thyme
¼ tsp salt
white pepper to taste
4 egg yolks
1 cup clarified unsalted butter
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¾ tsp cayenne
1 cup pink shrimp, cooked
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon fillets, flesh side down, to skillet. Sear until golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn fillets over and sear skin side until salmon is just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove salmon from pan and keep warm.
2. In a large sauté pan heat the butter over high heat, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes until translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown. Add the beans and sauté for another 2 minutes, finish with the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide the cooked mushroom mixture among the six plates, next place a piece of salmon on top and cover the salmon with a large spoonful of the pink shrimp hollandaise.Pink Shrimp Hollandaise
1. Boil vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and white pepper in a small heavy saucepan until reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat and stir in remaining tablespoon water.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, over a pot of simmering water, whisk the egg yolks, until thickened about 2 minutes. Remove bowl from heat. Strain the reduction and add whisk into the cooked egg yolks.
3. Whisk in the clarified butter, in a slow steady stream until emulsified. Add the lemon juice, cayenne, pink shrimp, parsley, and season with salt to taste.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site