Panettone Bread Pudding
- serves 6
4 large egg
1 cup 35% cream
2 cup milk
1 vanilla, bean
½ cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp allspice
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 cup 1-inch cubed Panettone, very stale or lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
3. Combine the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla bean, sugar and spices in a large bowl. Put the bread cubes in the buttered baking dish and pour the egg mixture over.
4. Let bread soak for about ½ hour. Press down on the bread with your hands, so it soaks up the liquid. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden on top. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
5. Alternately, make bread pudding in six 1 cup ramekins. Reduce baking time to 20 to 25 minutes.