Paprika Spiced Turkey Pita
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
1 tablespoon fennel seed
1 tablespoon coriander seed
3 tablespoons paprika
1 ½ tablespoons garlic powderTurkey Breast
1 2 pound boneless turkey breast, skin removed
Paprika Spice Mix
2 vine tomatoes, chopped
½ sweet onion, sliced ¼ inch thick, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
4 Greek Pitas, lightly toastedHummus Dip
1 540 Mililitre Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons yogurt
½ cup plus 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper, diced
1 bunch parsley, chopped
pinch of paprika
saltPaprika Yogurt Sauce
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon honey
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of ½ lemon
saltAssembling paprika Spiced Turkey Pita
1. Place fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle.
2. Grind until fine, transfer to a bowl.
3. Add paprika and garlic powder, mix to incorporate.Turkey Breast
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Place turkey breast on a tray, press Paprika Spice Mix on all sides of turkey.
3. Place turkey in oven, roast until cooked through, approximately 40-45 minutes.
4. Allow turkey to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Thinly slice turkey breast.Hummus Dip
1. Place chickpeas, yogurt, lemon juice and garlic cloves in a blender.
2. As ingredients are processing, pour ½ cup of olive oil in a thin stream.
3. Transfer to a bowl.
4. In a small bowl, place red pepper, sugar and salt.
5. Mix to incorporate.
6. Add chopped parsley and mix.
7. Sprinkle paprika over Hummus Dip and top with red pepper and parsley topping.
8. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil around Hummus Dip.Paprika Yogurt Sauce
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix to incorporate.Assembling paprika Spiced Turkey Pita
1. Place toasted pita on a plate.
2. Spoon Paprika Yogurt Sauce along centre of pita.
3. Place slices of Paprika Spiced Turkey.
4. Top with chopped tomatoes and onions.
5. Wrap and enjoy.