Pear Almond Tarts with Ice Cream and Pear Chips
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 ripe pear
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups ground almond
1 ¾ cups sugar
¼ teaspoon almond extractPear Chips
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons waterTo Assemble
vanilla ice cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 4 5-inch removable-bottom tart shells.
2. Peel and dice pears. Toss with cinnamon and 1 tbsp sugar and set aside.
3. Toast ground almonds lightly for 10 minutes on a baking sheet, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool.
4. Stir together almonds, eggs, 1 3/4 cups sugar and almond extract until evenly blended. Stir in pears.
5. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake for 30-40 minutes.Pear Chips
1. Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a saucepan and stirring until completely combined and clear. Let cool.
2. Thinly slice an unpeeled pear and dip in sugar/water syrup. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and place another sheet of parchment on top.
3. Bake in 275 F oven for 30 to 45 minutes (if starting to colour, turn down oven). Chips will firm up when cooled.To Assemble
1. Serve tarts with vanilla ice cream and a dried pear chip.