Peppermint Crunch Bark
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 36
17 oz white chocolate (Valrohna), finely chopped
30 candy canes, coarsely crushed (about 6 ounces)
7 oz bittersweet chocolate (Valrohna), chopped
6 Tbsp whipping cream
¾ tsp peppermint extract (optional)
1. Turn large baking sheet bottom side up. Cover with foil.
2. Stir white chocolate in metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) until chocolate is melted and smooth (chocolate will feel warm to touch). Remove from over water. Pour 2/3 cup melted white chocolate onto rectangle on foil. Using offset spatula, spread chocolate to fill rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed peppermints. Chill until set, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir bittersweet chocolate, cream and peppermint extract in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat until just melted and smooth. Cool to barely lukewarm, about 5 minutes. Pour bittersweet chocolate mixture over white chocolate rectangle. Using offset spatula, spread chocolate in even layer. Refrigerate until very cold and firm, about 25 minutes.
4. Re-warm remaining white chocolate in bowl set over barely simmering water to 110 degrees F. Working quickly, pour white chocolate over firm bittersweet chocolate layer; spread to cover. Immediately sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermints. Chill just until firm, about 20 minutes.
5. Lift foil with bark onto work surface; trim edges. Cut bark crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips, and each section diagonally into triangles, or simply break into large chunks! Can be made 2 weeks ahead. Chill in airtight container. Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
6. Packed oversized bowls in organza or in celo decorated with ribbon and candy canes, or wrapped in parchment with ribbon. This makes a great holiday food gift!
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site