- prep time 0 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¾ cup Carnaroli rice, uncooked
Vialone Nano rice, uncooked
2 tomato, diced, with juice
1 ½ cups chicken, stock
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup almonds, chopped
3 green onion, chopped
1 pinch cayenne pepper
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
⅓ cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Gently cut the tops off the peppers.
3. Set the tops aside
4. They will be the lids for the peppers while baking.
5. Making sure not to poke holes in the sides, carefully scoop out seeds with a spoon or grapefruit spoon and discard.
6. Arrange the peppers in a medium rectangular baking dish.
7. In a large skillet, sauté onions, garlic and rice in olive oil, for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, raisins, almonds, green onions, cayenne and herbs
9. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Simmer for 8 minutes on low heat. Do not cool.
11. Fill the peppers with rice mixture and cover with tops.
12. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil if desired and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
13. Season again with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
14. Bake in middle of oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
15. If peppers look dry at any time and rice is not cooked, cover lightly with foil and keep cooking.
16. Tops should be golden and just shrivelled.