Peppery Prime Rib
- prep time1 min
- total time 150 min
- serves 12
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this simple prime rib and of course one of them is peppercorns!
1 6 ½ lb(s) prime rib premium oven roast
1 Tbsp black peppercorns
½ cup grainy or Dijon mustard
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C).
2. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan; set aside.
3. Between waxed paper, coarsely crush peppercorns with mallet; transfer to small bowl.
4. Stir in mustard, thyme and oil; spread all over roast.
5. Roast for about 2 hours and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for rare, or until desired doneness.
6. Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil; let stand for 15 minutes.
7. Cut string from roast.
8. Stand roast so bones are vertical; cut meat away from bones.
9. Place, cut side down, on board and carve thinly.