Pesto And Smoked Trout Crostini
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
2 cups basil leaves (500 ml)
2 cloves of garlic (depending on your taste)
¼ cup pine nuts (60 ml)
¼ walnuts (60 ml)
¼ cup parmesan or romano cheese (60 ml – 125 ml)
½ cup olive oil (125 ml)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (30 ml)
coarse salt and pepper, to tasteSmoked Trout Crostini with Mesculin Salad
1 demi-baguette, sliced on the diagonal into twelve, ½ inch thick slices
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
1 garlic clove, peeled
3 ounces store-bought smoked trout, skinned and broken into 12 pieces (84 g)
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (30 ml)
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (60 ml)
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 handfuls of mesculin salad mix, approximately 4 oz (125 g)
1. Combine basil, pine nuts and walnuts in a blender, turn on and slowly add olive oil. As mixture loosens, add garlic to taste.
2. Slowly add cheese and lemon juice. Continue to blend. If you desire a looser pesto just add more oil. Season with salt and pepper.Smoked Trout Crostini with Mesculin Salad
1. Preheat an oven to 325°F.
2. Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and brush with the extra-virgin olive oil.
3. Bake the bread in the preheated oven until starting to turn golden, approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Remove the bread from the oven and lightly rub each slice with the clove of garlic.
5. Place a small mound of pesto on each slice of bread and top with a piece of the smoked trout.
6. In a small bowl whisk the extra-virgin olive oil into the vinegar. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
7. Just before serving, toss the mesculin salad mix with the vinaigrette and place a small mound on a plate.
8. Garnish the salad with three of the crostini’s and serve.