- prep time 1 min
- total time 8 min
- serves 5
Try this Latin American beef hash with tomatoes, capers and olives.
Emily Richards Canadian Living Cooks
1 lb(s) lean ground beef
2 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 small sweet green pepper, chopped
1 5 ½ oz can tomato, paste
1 cup water
½ cup raisins
¼ cup chopped pitted green olives
2 Tbsp capers, drained
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. In large nonstick skillet, brown beef over medium heat, breaking up with spoon, for about 6 minutes.
2. Skim off any fat.
3. Add onions; cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic and green peppers; cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are softened.
5. Mix tomato paste with water; stir into beef mixture.
6. Stir in raisins, olives, capers and Worcestershire sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.