Pickled Red Onions 2
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thinly
½ cup red wine vinegar
½ cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 bay leaf
1. Place the sliced onions in a medium-sized, heat proof bowl.
2. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, mix together the vinegar, water, sugar, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, stirring, just until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat. Pour over the onions.
4. Set aside to cool and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
5. Onions can be stored in the fridge for several weeks.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site