Pine Nut Brittle
- prep time 5 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 4
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup water
1 cup corn syrup
2 cups sugar
2 cups pine nuts
1. Lightly brush 1 tablespoon of butter on a baking tray and set aside.
2. Add baking soda, vanilla and remaining butter to a small bowl.
3. Place remaining ingredients in a tall-sided pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Allow the sugar crystals to dissolve. Using a candy thermometer to cook until the temperature reaches 296 degrees.
4. Remove from heat, quickly and carefully, stir in the baking soda, vanilla extract, and butter (the brittle will puff up) stirring for about 30 seconds to incorporate.
5. Immediately, pour Pine Nut Brittle on to the buttered baking tray.
6. Allow the Pine Nut Brittle to cool completely then break into pieces.