- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
½ cup light cider or lukewarm water
¾ cup lukewarm water
1 1-1/2 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp honey
2 ¾ cup 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
tsp olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine the cider, water, yeast and honey. Let stand until frothy, about 5 minutes.
2. In a different bowl, mix the flour, salt and oil. Stir with a wooden spoon. Add the yeast mixture and mix until a soft ball is obtained. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead a few minutes while flouring to avoid sticking.
3. Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 1 hour in a lukewarm area, away from drafts.
4. Using your hands divide the pizza dough into two equal parts.
5. Use the dough immediately or lightly oil before storing in a plastic bag. It can be refrigerated up to 12 hours or frozen.
6. Note: To activate yeast, the temperature of the cider and of all other liquids is important. The temperature must be between 41 and 46?C (105 and 115?F), which means that the cider must be heated a little. The liquids should not be too hot as this will kill the yeast and not too cold, as the dough will not rise.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site