Planked Asparagus Bundles with Cheese & Prosciutto
- prep time 30 min
- total time 40 min
- serves 4-6
1 cedar plank, soaked in cool water overnight (or a minimum of 1 hour)
18 spears of asparagus
½ lb. fontina cheese
6 large slices of proscuitto
1. Trim the asparagus and “blanch” it by dropping it into salted, boiling water for 20 seconds. Remove the asparagus from the water and immediately place it in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
2. Spread out a slice of proscuitto and place 3 spears of asparagus on it.
3. Add cheese to the asparagus (reserving ½ cup of cheese for topping) and wrap the prosciutto around it. Continue process until you have 6 bundles.
4. Preheat the grill to medium high 375°F/190°C.
5. Place the plank on the grill, close the lid and heat the plank for 4-5 minutes (or until the plank starts smoking).
6. Reduce heat to medium low 325°F/160°C.
7. Place the bundles on the plank and top with cheese, working quickly.
8. Close the lid and cook until the cheese is melted and the prosciutto is starting to crisp around the edges.
9. Remove from grill and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site