Planked Stuffed Potatoes
- serves 0
YIELD: 6 Servings
3 baking potatoes (cooked and cooled)
¼ cup butter
¾ cup goat cheese crumbled
1 cup crab meat picked over for shells
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 ½ Tbsp lightly chopped fresh basil
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 maple plank soaked in cool water for 6 hours
Garnish: lots of fresh chopped chives and sour cream
1. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop pulp into a bowl leaving a ¼ inch border.
2. Add butter to pulp and season with salt and pepper; mash gently with a fork. The potatoes should still have a flakey texture.
3. Using a wooden spoon, add the goat cheese to pulp and mix until it is barely combined with the mash.
4. Fold in the crab, corn and basil.
5. Spoon the filling into the potatoes and top with parmesan cheese.
6. Drizzle each potato with olive oil.
7. Preheat grill to medium high 375-400°F (190-200°C).
8. Place the plank on the cooking grate. Cover barbeque and heat the plank for 4-5 minutes or until smoke begins to form and it crackles.
9. Reduce heat to medium low 300°F (150°C).
10. Arrange potatoes on the plank. Close barbeque lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is nicely browned and crispy.
11. Keep a spray bottle with water handy for any flare ups.
12. Remove potatoes from the grill and serve with sour cream and chives.