Pomegranate Sugar-Dusted White Chocolate Doughnuts
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
5 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
½ teaspoon sugar, to activate yeast
5 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
6 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ cups unsalted butter, room temperaturePomegranate Sugar
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup pomegranate juiceWhite Chocolate Ganache
6 ounces white chocolate Finely chopped
¼ cup heavy cream
1. In the bowl sprinkle the yeast over the warm milk. Stir in the 1 ½ teaspoons of sugar and let the yeast proof for 5 to 7 minutes, until foamy and bubbling. Add 1-cup flour and the salt beating with a wooden spoon to make a soft, smooth batter, about 5 minutes.
2. Beat in the remaining 4½ cups of flour and the 6 tablespoons of sugar in three additions, beating in 2 eggs after each addition of flour. Mix well between additions, making sure you scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat until smooth, soft and elastic dough is formed, about 20 to 25 minutes by hand, working the dough on the counter.
3. Knead the butter into the dough in small portions, fully incorporating each addition before the next.
4. Transfer the dough to a large lightly butter bowl and cover with cling film. Leave to rise at warm room temperature, until doubled in bulk about 1 to 2 hours.
5. Turn the dough out onto a very lightly floured surface and knead once or twice. Gently roll the dough out 1/3 inch thick, with a floured round cutter, cut out the doughnuts. Cover the doughnuts with cling film and let rise for 30 minutes.
6. Slowly heat vegetable in a heavy pot or deep fryer to a temperature of 365 to 375 F. Fry the doughnuts until golden brown. Place the doughnuts on paper towel. Fill a piping bag with the white chocolate ganache. Puncture each donut with a small hole and fill with chocolate. Then roll the filled donuts in the pomegranate sugar.Pomegranate Sugar
1. In a small mixing bowl combine the sugar and juice together. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and allow to dry at room temperature over night. Shift pomegranate sugar and store in a sealed jar.White Chocolate Ganache
1. Place the chocolate in a small bowl. Set on top of a pot of hot water over low heat. Mix until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream in 2 batches. Cool and refrigerate.