Poor Man's Pudding
- prep time 15 min
- total time 55 min
- serves 8
2 cups maple syrup (500 ml)
½ cup brown sugar (125 ml)
1 cup 35% cream (250 ml)
¼ cup butter (60 ml)Batter
1 cup butter, room temperature (250 ml)
1 cup sugar (250 ml)
2 cups flour (500 ml)
2 teaspoons baking powder (10 ml)
A pinch of salt
1 cup milk (250 ml)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (15 ml)
1. Bring all the ingredients to a boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.Batter
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. In a bowl, cream butter with sugar and vanilla extract. In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the sugar mixture, alternating with milk.
4. Divide batter into 8 ramekins. Pour syrup over batter.
5. Bake for about 35 minutes until golden brown. To know if the cake is baked enough, stick a toothpick in the cake and take it out. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
6. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.