Pork Paillard with Riesling Cream Sauce
- serves 4
4 pork cutlets
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup flour
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsleyRiesling Cream Sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 ounces pancetta, chopped
2 large onions, peeled and sliced thinly
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 large Matsu apple, peeled, cored, and cut into thin wedges
3/4 cup Riesling
1 cup chicken stock
3/4 cup whipping (35%) cream
1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh marjoram
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepperAssembly
1. One by one, pound the pork cutlets between 2 sheets plastic wrap with a meat mallet until flattened.
2. Season the pork with salt and pepper.
3. Put the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes.
4. Season each with salt and pepper.
5. Add the parsley to the breadcrumbs.
6. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet.
7. Dredge the pork in the flour, then the egg, then breadcrumbs and put it in the skillet.
8. Cook the pork until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes and flip it.
9. Continue cooking on the other side until golden and almost cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes longer.Riesling Cream Sauce
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the pancetta and cook until browned and crisp, about 4 minutes.
3. Remove to a plate.
4. Add the onions and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the onions are caramelized.
5. Add the garlic and apple and cook for about 10 minutes or until coloured.
6. Add the Riesling and reduce for 3 minutes or until syrupy.
7. Add the chicken stock and simmer 5 to 6 minutes or until reduced by half.
8. Swirl in the cream and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit more.
9. Add the herbs and the pancetta back to the pan and stir.
10. Stir in the Dijon and season to taste.Assembly
1. Serve the pork cutlets on top of the sauce.