medium-sized beet, peeled and diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a saucepan, combine the maple syrup, chicken broth, diced beet and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until syrupy, about 20 minutes.
3. Strain the sauce for a smoother texture if desired.
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Sprinkle the tenderloins with the coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
3. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown the tenderloins in the butter. Add the sauce, transfer to the oven and roast for about 15 minutes.
4. Cut the tenderloins into thin slices and drizzle with the maple–beet sauce.
5. Serve with Celery Roasted with 20 Cloves of Garlic and Cauliflower Purée.
6. For an attractive presentation of whole pork tenderloins, return them to the skillet after the sauce has been reduced and turn them to coat completely. Transfer the tenderloins to a serving platter and drizzle with the remaining maple-beet sauce.