Pork with Plum Sauce and Cinnamon Roasted Carrots
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
2 1 pound Pork tenderloins, center cut
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepperPork Rub
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 lemon zest onlyCinnamon Roasted Carrots
2 bunches baby carrots, washed and peeled
3 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon sweet butter
1. Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C). Place a wire rack on a sheet pan. Rub the pork tenderloins with salt and pepper.
2. In a cast iron frying pan over medum high heat sear the pork tenderloins on all sides until well caramelized, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a clean work surface.
3. Brush with pork rub until well coated, tranfer to the prepared sheet pan and place on the middle rack of the oven.
4. Roast until medium rare, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from the heat, and brush with any remaining pork rub.
5. Loosely cover with foil, reserve and keep warm until needed.Pork Rub
1. In a small saucepan over low heat combine all the pork rub ingredients. Gently simmer until aromatic, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat, transfer to a nonreactive container and cool completely. Refrigerate covered.Cinnamon Roasted Carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small oven proof baking dish combine the carrots, cinnamon sticks and butter. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast until lightly caramelized, about 20-25 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and keep warm until needed.