Portobello Mushroom and Canadian Swiss Pizza
- serves 4
¼ cup (60 ml) butter
3 cup (750 ml) sliced portobello mushrooms, about 5 oz (180 g) package
2 clove garlic, chopped
¼ cup (60 ml) chopped fresh parsley
1 pre-cooked pizza crust, 16 inch (40 cm) in diameter
1 cup (250 ml) rapini or broccoli florets, blanched
1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped red onion
½ lb(s) (250 g) Canadian Swiss, shredded
salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Melt butter in a frying pan over high heat and cook mushrooms and garlic until fragrant (do not brown garlic). Add parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spread mushrooms on pizza crust.
4. Top with rapini or broccoli florets and red onion.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake on middle rack of oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
6. Serve with a mixed green salad topped with sun-dried tomato dressing.