Pot au Chocolat with Fleur de Sel
- prep time 0 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 6
1 ½ cup whipping cream
½ cup milk
3 oz bittersweet dark chocolate shavings (90g)
6 egg yolks
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (149 degrees C).
2. Bring whipping cream and milk to a boil on low heat. The second it starts to boil, take it off the heat. Add chocolate shavings and whisk until smooth.
3. In another bowl mix together yolks, brown sugar and cayenne. Slowly spoon in chocolate mixture. It is important to take your time with this step because the chocolate is hot, and if you dump it into the eggs in one shot you’ll end up with chocolate scrambled eggs.
4. Pour mixture into little pots or espresso cups (4oz/125mL) and cover with foil. Pierce some small holes in the foil so the steam can escape and place the jars into a pan. Fill the pan with water halfway up the sides of the jars so that they bake evenly. Bake for 35 minutes.
5. Cool pots on counter for 35 minutes and then put them in the fridge for 3 hours to chill. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site