- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
1 ½ pounds small whole potatoes boiled with skin on and chilled overnight (675 g)
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (125 ml)
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
8 large eggs, lightly beaten
fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
8 Foccacia buns, split and toasted
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Halve the potatoes and slice them into ¼ inch slices.
3. Melt 4 tbsp of butter in a heavy bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the potatoes, season and cook until brown on one side.
4. Turn the potatoes over and continue to cook until brown. Do not turn the potatoes too often or they will crumble.
5. Remove the potatoes from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate.
6. In a heavy bottomed sauté pan melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onions and sliced garlic, season and sauté, stirring occasionally until the onions are soft and have begun to brown.
7. Spread the onions evenly over the bottom of the pan. Lay the fried potatoes on top and season. Pour the beaten egg over the potatoes and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
8. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake the frittata for 20 minutes or until the egg is completely cooked through.
9. Turn the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board and cut into pieces. Place the frittata on the buns, top with sliced tomatoes, add some garlic mayonnaise and serve.