Potato Salmon Cakes
- prep time 20 min
- total time 50 min
- serves 4
2 large russet baking potatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 salmon filets, 6 oz each
Salt and pepper
4 green onions, sliced thinly
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Steam potatoes in a stovetop steamer until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and when it's hot, add oil.
3. Using a potato masher, mash them together.
4. Season salmon filets and sear on both sides until just cooked through.
5. Place the potatoes into a large bowl and add salmon, salt and pepper.
6. Add green onions, dill and egg and mix well.
7. Form into 4 large patties. If the mixture seems a bit loose and won't form a well-packed cake, add some breadcrumbs until it binds well.
8. Heat a large skillet and add oil.
9. Add salmon cakes and fry them until they are golden brown on each size and heated through.
10. Serve with Horseradish Sauce (recipe from this episode).