Potato Sausage Egg Gratin
- prep time10 min
- total time 60 min
- serves 5 - 6
Courtesy of Cavendish Farms.
2 ½ bags From the Farm™ Thick Cut potatoes
¼ cup olive oil
2 cups breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and chopped
4 cups fresh spinach, cooked and drained
1 ½ cups red or white onions, chopped
1 ½ cups yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ cups 35% cream
½ cup Parmesan, grated
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Spread From the Farm™ Thick Cut potatoes in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Place in oven and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Flip product and cook for another 8 minutes or until desired crispness. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
3. Place oil, onions and peppers into a medium non-stick skillet or frying pan and place on the stove top over medium-high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
4. Add the spinach and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat and season mixture with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs and cream, then whisk. Then add the sautéed mixture and gently mix well.
6. Grease or spray a large roasting pan or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
7. Place the potatoes inside the pan or dish, and pour the egg mixture evenly over top ensuring all potatoes are covered.
8. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly over top.
9. Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese (gratin) is browned.