- serves 12
¼ cup unsalted butter (60 ml)
5 cup miniature marshmallows (1.25 L)
½ tsp vanilla extract (2 ml)
4 cup high protein cereal (1 L)
½ cup sliced toasted almonds (125 ml)
½ cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds (125 ml)
½ cup dried cranberries (125 ml)
½ cup milk chocolate chips (125 ml)
1. Butter a 9 x 13 square pan.
2. Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
3. Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring frequently, until the marshmallows have melted.
4. Add the vanilla to the marshmallows.
5. In a separate bowl, toss together the cereal, almonds, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. Add to the marshmallow mixture and stir to completely coat.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt.
7. Working with buttered hands, press the mixture into the prepared pan.
8. Cool completely and then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.