Prosciutto Wrapped Halibut
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
4 6 ounce halibut filets
4 pieces proscuitto, thinly sliced
4 sprigs thyme
2 tablespoons olive oilPuttanesca-Style Sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
¼ cup red onion, diced
2 tablespoons sliced green olives
1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons white wine
1 package (1 pint) cherry or grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
additional olive oil to garnishLemon Orzo
2 cups orzo
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 green onion chopped
3 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to tasteGrilled Fennel
1 bulb fennel
juice of 1 orange (reserve zest for Proscuitto and Melon Salad)
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to tasteProscuitto and Melon and Salad
8-10 thin slices proscuitto
½ cantaloupe, peel removed and thinly sliced
¼ cup honey
zest of 1 orange (reserved from Grilled Fennel recipe)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season filets with pepper; place thyme sprig on top and wrap each filet with proscuitto.
2. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large cast iron or heavy bottomed pan adn bring to medium high heat.
3. when oil starts to smoke, add fish, placing proscuitto seam side down. Sear on all sides, until proscuitto is coloured and crispy. Transfer to plate and keep warm.Puttanesca-Style Sauce
1. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to same pan used for halibut and bring to medium high heat. Add diced red onions, garlic and bay leaf and saute until onions are lightly coloured. Add olives and 2 tbsp of white wine.
2. Bring up to simmer, add tomatoes and return fish back to pan. Place pan in oven until fish is tender and cooked through, about 5 minutes.Lemon Orzo
1. Cook orzo to al dente according to package instructions. Drain but do not rinse.
2. In a large bowl, combine warm orzo with lemon juice, zest, green onion, parsley and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.Grilled Fennel
1. Slice fennel lengthwise into four 1/2 inch thick slices. Combine orange juice, olive oil and pepper in a shallow dish and marinate fennel for 5-10 minutes.
2. Turn grill on to medium high. Remove fennel from marinade; salt lightly and grill until marked on both sides, about 3 minutes each side. Return fennel to marinade to keep moist until serving.Proscuitto and Melon and Salad
1. To infuse honey, combine honey with orange zest and black pepper in a small sauce pot. Warm over low heat; keep warm until serving.
2. To arrange salad, alternate slices of proscuitto and cantaloupe on a serving platter; drizzle lightly with warm infused honey.