Puffed Cereal Treat Donuts
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
Recipe courtesy of Jaime Podgorny.
300 g all-purpose flour
10 g baking powder
10 g egg replacer
150 g powdered sugar
6 g salt
56 g margarine (we use soy-free at Fritz)
141 g almond milk
8 g vanilla extract
1 single serving-sized box puffed rice cerealGlaze
400 g powdered sugar
50 g water
50 g margarine, melted
5 g vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease donut molds (you can use canola oil to grease the molds).
2. Combine dry ingredients and cut the margarine into the dry ingredients as you would for pie dough.
3. Scald the almond milk and allow to cool. Mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the dry mixture and fold together gently until it has just come together. Don’t overmix or your donuts will come out tough. Gently fold in half of the cereal.
5. Pipe into the donut molds.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF, or until they spring back to the touch.Glaze
1. Whisk together all ingredients.
2. Garnish with the remaining puffed rice cereal.