Pulled Pork Stew
- prep time 5 min
- total time 95 min
- serves 8
5 lb. boneless pork picnic shoulder
2 cup dark beer
½ cup white vinegar
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup BBQ sauce
¼ cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp instant coffee powder
2 Tbsp chili powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Place picnic shoulder in a large pot or Dutch oven. Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over shoulder.
3. Cover and bring to a simmer on the stove.
4. Place, covered, in oven and cook for about 3 hours, basting often and turning meat over after 90 minutes, until meat yields easily when a fork is inserted.
5. Lift pork shoulder to a cutting board. Peel away skin from shoulder, scrape away any excess fat and discard. Skim off fat from top of juices in pot. With 2 forks, pull pork into shreds and toss with juices.
6. Reheat on the stove and serve on a bun or over cooked rice.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site