Pumpkin and Veal Ravioli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 8
1 Turban squash
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces ground veal (200 g)
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup almonds, finely choppedRavioli Assembly
50 squares spring roll dough, thawed
salt and pepperCurry Sauce (for adults)
3 green onions, chopped
1-1/2 tsp curry (or to taste)
2 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup white wine
1-3/4 cup chicken broth
3 cups 35% cream
salt and pepperTomato Sauce (for children)
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
28 ounces can diced tomatoes (796 ml), drained
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 cup 35% cream
1. Position the oven rack in the center position. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut a small turban squash in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds.
4. Lay the squash with the opening face-down on the baking sheet and cook for about 1 hour, or until the flesh is tender.
5. Remove from the oven and reduce to a puree using a food processor.
6. In a skillet, cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add the veal and cook completely while crumbling. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Deglaze with the wine. Add the almonds and squash puree. Stir a few minutes over low heat until well mixed. Adjust the seasoning.
8. Set aside in a bowl, let cool.
9. Cover and refrigerate until the filling is cold.Ravioli Assembly
1. On a work surface, lay out four squares of dough at a time. Use a brush to moisten the dough with water.
2. Put 4 tsp. (20 ml) of filling in the center of each square. Cover with another square and press the edges to confine the filling.
3. Use a round punch of about 4 in. (10 cm) or a glass to shape the ravioli. Set aside on a sheet and repeat the operation with remaining ingredients.
4. In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the ravioli six at a time while stirring slowly so that the ravioli don’t stick together.
5. Drain and put them on a greased sheet. Repeat the operation with the remaining ravioli.
6. Put a few ravioli at a time in the selected warm sauce to reheat them.
7. Serve 3 ravioli per adult and 1 to 2 per child.Curry Sauce (for adults)
1. In a skillet, cook the green onions and curry in butter until tender. Deglaze with the wine.
2. Add the broth and simmer until it is reduced to one half. Add the cream and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.Tomato Sauce (for children)
1. In a skillet, cook the garlic in olive oil until tender. Add the tomatoes and basil.
2. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream and process with a mixer.
4. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.