Quarter Pound Burgers
- prep time15 min
- total time 25 min
- serves 4
A deliciously different way to add fibre to daily menus all year 'round Courtesy of Kellogg's® All-Bran®
1 lb(s) (500 g) lean ground beef
1 cup (250 ml) All-Bran Original* cereal
¼ cup (50 ml) finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp (30 ml) ketchup
1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp (2 ml) salt
¼ tsp (1 ml) pepper
⅒ tsp (0.5 ml) garlic powder
1 tsp (5 ml) cooking oilTip
1. In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except oil. Mix well and shape into 4 uniform patties.
2. In large non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes per side. Alternatively, grill over medium-high heat on barbecue or under broiler.
3. Serve on toasted whole grain rolls with your favourite condiments.Tip
1. Burgers will hold together better if chilled before cooking.
2. VARIATION: Add 2 ml (1/2 tsp) each: dried basil and dried oregano. Top with mozzarella cheese.
3. VARIATION - Add 125 g (4 oz) old Cheddar cheese cut into tiny cubes