Rack of Lamb Curry
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 0
2 Fresh Rack of Lamb (New Zealand), 4 bones each
2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh rosemary or cilantro, one bunch eachCurry paste
1 Small Ginger Root
4 cloves garlic
1 Medium Size Red Onion (Chopped)
2 Medium size Green Chillies
¼ tablespoon Ground Turmeric
¼ teaspoon whole black cumin
2 Green Cardamom
1 tablespoon Corriander powder
2 Fresh Tomato
salt according to taste
1 tablespoon Garam Masala
1. Cut evenly the Four bones Rack into two bones Rack.
2. Make ginger garlic paste in the food processor or in small blender and rub it on the racks in a mixing bowl. Season and put in the fridge for two hours
3. Put a fresh pan on the heat and put one table spoon of olive oil , place the racks carefully in the pan, when start sizzling for 2 minutes, change the sides carefully and cook if for another 2 minutes.
4. Now add the curry paste we made earlier. Please add one small cup of water or red wine according to your taste and braise it for another 3 to 4 minutes to cook it to medium rare.
5. Reduce the curry or the broth to the desired thickness. Sprinkle 1/2 spoon of Garam Masala.
6. Do the plating as per your wish and garnish with fresh rosemary and or cilantro. Serve it as is or with basmati rice.Curry paste
1. In the hot pan put extra virgin olive, throw ¼ tea spoon of whole cumin, when sizzling, add chopped red onion cook them till golden brown.
2. Now add left over ginger garlic paste and curry powder (optional, if you want to skip the real process of making curry paste) and cook for one minute, add turmeric powder, paprika powder, coriander powder, salt, green cardamom, chopped green chillies and Fresh Tomatos, cook for 2 minutes on medium to high heat.
3. Just add ½ cup of water and reduce it till it is thick like jam and put it aside.