Raspberry Napoleons with Tangerine Sabayon
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 4
1 397 g package of frozen puff pastry, thawedTangerine Sabayon
3 egg, yolks
3 Tbsp sugar
⅓ cup tangerine, juice
2 Tbsp rum
½ cup whipping creamBerries
1 ½ cup fresh raspberries
1 Tbsp sugar
Tbsp framboise, or liqueurRaspberry Sauce
1 300 g package frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
¼ cup water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp lemon, juiceTo Serve
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
2. On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to 12-x 12-inch (30 x 30 cm). Cut into twelve 4-x 3-inch (10 x 8 cm) squares. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Pierce all over with fork. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours.
3. Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until slightly puffed and golden brown; set aside. (Make-ahead: Cover and store at room temperature for up to 8 hours.)Tangerine Sabayon
1. In heatproof bowl, whisk together yolks and sugar until slightly thickened and starting to turn pale. Whisk in tangerine juice and rum. Place over saucepan of gently simmering water. Whisking constantly, cook until about double, thickened and mixture mounds slightly when dropped from whisk, about 5 minutes. Immediately place into larger bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking process; whisk often until completely cold.
2. Whip cream; fold into chilled sabayon. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)Berries
1. In bowl, toss together raspberries, sugar and framboise. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours; bring to room temperature before using.)Raspberry Sauce
1. In blender or food processor, purée together raspberries, water, sugar and lemon juice until smooth; press through fine sieve to remove seeds. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.)
2. Yield: 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)To Serve
1. To serve, drizzle 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the raspberry sauce onto each of 4 dessert plates. Top each with 1 square of puff pastry. Spoon 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the sabayon onto pastry square, then 2 tablespoons (25 mL) of the berries over the sabayon. Top with another pastry square. Repeat layers of sabayon and berries; top with remaining pastry. Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.