- prep time 10 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 1
2 Tbsp oil
4 slices of Texas toast or thick-cut white bread
1 4 oz burger
5 1 oz slices of American cheese
2 oz spam
3 oz ham
2 strips of bacon (cooked)
1 extra large egg
¼ cup canola or grille oil
Condiments for your burger
1. Heat oil in a large pan until hot but not smoking to approximately 250-300 degrees.
2. Make 2 grilled cheese sandwiches in the oil with the Texas toast and 2 slices of cheese per sandwich. Set these aside to use as buns.
3. In the same pan, cook the burger about 4 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste. Set burger aside.
4. Coat the pan with oil, and fry the spam until crispy. While the spam is cooking, heat a second, non-stick pan to just over 160 degrees and cook your egg however you like—we fry it medium. Now, heat the ham for 30 seconds per side.
5. Stack the bottom bun (one of the grilled cheese sands made earlier) with lettuce, tomatoes and onions, then the burger topped with the remaining slice of cheese, bacon, ham, spam, and our fried egg.
6. Apply preferred condiments to the top “bun” (grilled cheese sandwich), stack on top.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site