Ricardo's Chocolate Pudding
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
3 cup brown sugar
¾ cup cocoa powder, sifted
2 tsp cornstarch
2 ½ cup water
½ cup 35% cream
½ tsp vanilla extractCake
1 cup milk
½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 pinch salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cup sugar
1. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch. Add the water and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Add the vanilla. Set aside.Cake
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter a 23 x 33-cm (9 x 13-inch) Pyrex or aluminum baking dish.
2. In a small saucepan, bring the milk and cocoa powder to a boil, whisking constantly. Let cool.
3. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture resembles coarse, moist sand. Add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk mixture. Scrape the batter into the baking dish.
5. Gently pour the hot sauce over the dough. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site