Ricardo's Spicy Lamb Meatballs
- prep time 25 min
- total time 35 min
- serves 24
3 green onions, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp harissa sauce
½ lb. ground lamb
2 Tbsp pine nuts
2 Tbsp Zante currants
3 Tbsp olive oilYogurt Mint Sauce
½ cup plain yogurt (between 2% and 10% MF)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 tsp sugar
1. In a bowl, combine the green onions, egg, breadcrumbs and spices. Add the remaining ingredients except the oil and stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
2. With lightly oiled hands, shape about 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) of the lamb mixture into a meatball. Repeat until all the lamb mixture is used.
3. In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the meatballs in the oil until well done.
4. Transfer the meatballs to a serving dish. Serve with the yogurt mint sauce.Yogurt Mint Sauce
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site