Rich Chocolate Pots
- prep time15 min
- total time 30 min
- serves 6
Try this rich and delicious dessert by Sophie Dahl featuring brandy soaked cherries in homemade chocolate pots.
200 g fresh cherries
1 Tbsp golden caster sugar
1 Tbsp cherry brandy
300 mL single cream
200 g good quality plain chocolate, 70% coco
2 large free range egg yolks
extra chocolate for shaving over the top
1. Remove the stones from the cherries.
2. Heat a little water in a pan and dissolve in the sugar.
3. Add the cherries and heat through for about 5 minutes until the juices are almost syrupy and the cherries are soft. Remove from the heat.
4. Add a dash of cherry brandy to the cherries then allow them to cool slightly.
5. While the cherries are cooling prepare the chocolate by heating the cream and chocolate together in a pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water.
6. When they are melted together, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
7. Separate the yolks and mix the yolks with a fork.
8. Stir the yolks in to the chocolate and mix until the mixture is glossy and smooth and allow to cool slightly.
9. Spoon the cherries into the bottom of your cups.
10. Carefully spoon In a little of the chocolate mixture and then grate some more dark chocolate over the top to serve.