Rick's Seafood Pizza
- prep time 0 min
- total time 15 min
- serves 3
3 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon whey powder
1 ½ tablespoons shortening
1 ½ cups cold water
1 tablespoon yeastSauce
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
3-4 tablespoons high quality olive oil
1 cup mozzarella cheese gratedToppings
10-15 mussels, steamed and shucked
4-5 scallops, cooked
Lobster chunks, cooked (fresh or canned)
6-8 shrimps, cooked
2 ounces whitefish, cooked
Any other seafood of your choice
Rick's Mix or preferred seasoningAssembly
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl then add water.
2. Knead for 1 minute then add yeast.
3. Knead for another 5 minutes or until dough is firm but workable to touch.
4. Cut into 3 equal portions.
5. Let sit for 1 hour covered with a dishtowel.
6. Roll out to fit pizza pan using flour to avoid sticking.
7. Yield: Three 12-inch regular crust pizzasSauce
1. Mix garlic and oil together and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Using a basting brush, spread garlic and olive oil evenly over pizza dough.
3. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly across surface of pizza.Toppings Assembly
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Arrange toppings and sprinkle with Rick’s Mix or preferred seasoning.
3. Cook for 12-15 minutes.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
5. Yield: 3 servings per pizza.