Right-Side-Up Pork Chops with Potato Patties and Broccoli
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
- serves 4
1 pkg (120 g) Uncle Ben’s Stuff ‘N Such Traditional Sage dressing mix (4 oz)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (5 mL)
8 half inch thick boneless pork chops, trimmed (680 g or 1 1/2 lb)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (284 mL or 10 oz)
soup can water
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (30 mL)
1 Tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
Leftover mashed potatoes
Pinch of salt and pepper
450 g frozen broccoli florets (1 lb)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash Original seasoning (5 mL)
Butter or margarine (optional)
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Prepare stuffing in a pot following package directions and add brown sugar.
Place chops in a large oven-safe cake pan and broil at close range about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
4. Remove chops from pan and drain excess grease. Reset oven to 350 F (175 C).
5. Return chops to pan. Mound stuffing on top of each pork chop.
6. Combine in this order in the used stuffing pot (no heat): soup, gradually stir in water and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well blended and spoon equally over stuffed chops. Bake in hot oven. Set timer for 25 minutes.
Sprinkle corn meal on a large piece of waxed paper.
8. Heat oil in a skillet (an electric fry pan works great too).
9. Form a patty with the leftover mashed potato and coat in cornmeal. Place in hot pan and repeat until all the leftover potatoes are used. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn them over making sure the outsides get really crisp.
10. Rinse broccoli in cold water. Place in a microwave-safe pot or casserole bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes.
11. Stir broccoli and add spice.
12. Microwave on high for 2 minutes just before serving. Stir in butter if you like!
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site