Road Grill Devilled Eggs
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 0
Matt Dunigan Road Grill
12 eggs hard-boiled eggs cooled
½ cup lobster meat, minced
¼ cup crispy bacon chopped fine
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
½ tsp Cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp finely minced green onion
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp fresh tarragon minced
Salt and pepper
Garnish with fresh chives
1. Cook the eggs. Even though they are called hard boiled eggs, eggs should never be boiled. The yolk of a hard boiled egg will turn green when overcooked because the iron in the yolk reacts to the sulphur in the egg white.
2. Start the eggs in a large pot, cover with 3 inches of cold water and bring this to a boil. Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from the heat and cover with foil or a lid and allow the eggs to rest in the warm water for 10-11 minutes.
3. Once cooked place the eggs into an ice bath. This will help remove the shell.
4. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
5. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
6. To the yolks mix in mayonnaise, onion, Dijon, Cajun spice and tarragon.
7. Fold in the lobster meat and bacon.
8. Scoop this mixture into a plastic baggie and squeeze it into one corner of the bag to make a piping bag. Cut the tip of the bag to create a ½ inch hole through which the yolk mixture can escape.
9. Fill in the hollowed whites with the yolk mixture.
10. Chill and serve garnished with chives.