Roast Ham with Mashed Potatoes and Stir Fried Veggies
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
5 large baking potatoes
¼ cup 1% milk
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp prepared garlic (in a jar)
½ tsp pepper
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 cooked honey ham (4 lbs or 2kg)
1 can Ginger Ale (12 oz or 355 ml)
1 tsp sesame oil
4 cup fresh stir-fry mixed vegetables (prepared package)
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
1. Take out equipment and ingredients.
2. Half fill a large stove-top pot with cold water. Heat water on high.
3. Peel potatoes, wash and cut in half, placing in pot as you cut. Reduce heat to med-low when water comes to a boil.
4. When a knife easily slides through a potato (approximately 15 minutes), turn heat off.
5. Drain water from potato pot. Add milk, butter, garlic, pepper, and parsley to the potatoes.
6. Mash together until smooth. (Try whipping potatoes with an electric beater).
7. Let cool, then transfer to a microwave-safe pot or casserole with lid. Place in fridge.
8. Preheat oven to 185º F. Spray an oven-safe pan (same size as the ham) with cooking spray.
9. Make tiny slits along top of ham. Place ham in pan.
10. Pour ginger ale over ham and cover tightly with foil or lid. Place in hot oven. Go off to work!!!
11. Reset oven to 350º F. Remove foil from ham, but leave ham in the oven.
12. Place potatoes in oven next to ham. Set timer for 20 minutes.
13. Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan or wok at med-high heat.
14. Add stir-fry mix to pan and toss. Add teriyaki sauce.
15. Toss vegetables until cooked through but slightly crisp.
16. When timer rings for ham, all is ready.