Roasted Corn & Pepper Potato Salad
- prep time 1 min
- total time 1 min
- serves 6
Matt Dunigan Road Grill
2 lb. new potatoes par boiled and cooled
3 ears of corn, husks peeled back but still attached at the base of the cobs, silks removed
2 red bell peppers cut in half seeds and membrane removed
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil
1 cup chopped red onion
Dressing: Premade Italian dressing
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the par boiled potatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Coat with olive oil and salt and pepper.
2. Fold the husks of the corn back up around the corn and place in a large pot of cold water to soak for 1 hour.
3. Drizzle the peppers with oil.
4. Preheat barbeque to 375 F (190C) medium high heat
5. Oil grill.
6. Place the potatoes, cut side down on the grill.
7. Place red pepper halves skin side down on the grill
8. Cook the potatoes until golden brown and crispy about 4-5 minutes.
9. Cook the red pepper until its skin is blackened, about 4 minutes.
10. Remove potatoes and red peppers from the grill. Place potatoes in large salad bowl and set aside.
11. Place the corn on and cook for 3 minutes while rolling it around. Note corn doesn’t take long remove once the colour turns bright yellow.
12. Peel the skin from the pepper with your fingers and discard.
13. Dice roasted red pepper and place in a large bowl with potatoes.
14. Remove the corn from the grill and cut the roasted corn off of the cob by holding it vertically on a cutting board and slicing the kernals off in a downward motion with a sharp knife.
15. Add the corn to the salad and toss lightly.
16. Add the herbs and onion to the salad and toss again.
17. Drizzle the salad with dressing and toss one last time to coat evenly.
18. Serve and enjoy!