Roasted Garlic, Sausage and Buffalo Mozzarella Pizza
- prep time 60 min
- total time 115 min
- serves 4
3 ¼ cup all purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp instant yeast
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup warm water
¼ cup dry white wine, room temperature
3 Tbsp olive oilRoasted Garlic, Sausage and Bu
1 bulb garlic, top cut off
2 ½ Tbsp olive oil
flour for dusting
cornmeal for dusting
1 5 oz sausage, removed from casing
1 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained from water
¼ red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup fresh oregano, leaves torn
salt and pepper
1. Place flour, yeast, salt and sugar in a large bowl or food processor.
2. In the bowl, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add warm water, wine and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Or add wet ingredients to food processor.
3. With a wooden spoon stir the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixture comes together, or pulse in the food processor until dough comes together.
4. Lightly flour work surface, turn dough out and knead for approximately 5 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic.
5. Split dough into three balls; lightly oil one large bowl with ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Place 2 balls of dough in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place near a warm dry spot to rise for 1 hour.
6. Place remaining dough in a clean plastic resealable bag and place in fridge or freezer for future use.
7. Remove balls of dough from the bowl, punch down to release air, cover with plastic wrap and reserve for assembling pizzas.Roasted Garlic, Sausage and Bu
1. Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 450F.
2. Place bulb of garlic on a piece of tin foil, drizzle ½ tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt.
3. Wrap tin foil tightly around garlic, place in oven and roast until golden and soft, approximately 45 minutes, remove from oven and raise heat to 550F.
4. Squeeze roasted garlic into a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. With a fork mash and set aside.
5. Flour a clean dry working surface and role out pizza dough to ¼ inch thick.
6. Dust a large cutting board or wooden pizza paddle with flour and cornmeal, transfer rolled out dough on top.
7. Spread roasted garlic puree over dough, followed by pieces of sausage and torn pieces of buffalo mozzarella leaving an inch around the edges for crust.
8. Place remaining olive oil in a small bowl and brush edges of dough with olive oil.
9. To bake, lift board with pizza and slide on to pizza stone in oven.
10. Bake until crust is slightly golden and cheese has melted, approximately 10 minutes.
11. Garnish pizza with red onions and oregano, slice and serve.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site