Roasted Jalapeno and Monterey Jack Dip
- prep time 0 min
- total time 0 min
2 or 3 large jalapenos chili peppers
3 tablespoons (45 mL) Lactantia Salted Butter
3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
1 ½ cups (375 mL) Beatrice Milk
1 package (200 g) Black Diamond Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped and seeded tomato
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped cilantro
1. Quarter chilies lengthwise, discarding stems and seeds (wear rubber gloves when handling chilies).
2. Place chilies, skin side up on rack of broiler pan.
3. Broil about 2 inches (5 cm) from source of heat until skins are blistered and charred.
4. Cover and let stand until cool.
5. Peel off and discard skins; chop chilies finely.
6. Melt Lactantia butter in medium saucepan; blend flour.
7. Gradually stir in Beatrice milk.
8. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens.
9. Remove from heat.
10. Add cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
11. Add chilies, tomato, onions and cilantro; mix well.
12. Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.