Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
- prep time 0 min
- total time 130 min
- serves 6
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 carrot, peeled, and, diced
3 cup sliced mushroom
1 ½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp hot pepper flakes
2 10 oz can tomato, chopped
1 313 mL jar roasted red pepper, drained, and, chopped
¼ cup tomato, paste
2 Tbsp white wine vinegarNoodles And Spinach
8 oz flat spinach lasagna noodles, (about 12)
1 10 oz bag fresh spinach, trimmedBechamel Sauce
¼ cup butter
½ cup all purpose flour
4 cup milk
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup shredded asiago cheese
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheesePreparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In large wide saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
3. Add carrots, mushrooms, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring often, for about 8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and liquid is evaporated.
4. Stir in tomatoes, red peppers, tomato paste and vinegar; bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat and boil gently; stirring often, for 1 hour or until reduced to 5 cups (1.25 L) and thick enough to mound on spoon.Noodles And Spinach
1. Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook noodles, in batches, for 8 minutes or just until tender.
2. With tongs, transfer to dish of cold water.
3. Drain; arrange in single layer between damp tea towels.
4. Stir spinach into pasta water; cook for 1 minute.
5. Drain in sieve, pressing out all liquid; chop coarsely.
6. Set aside.Bechamel Sauce
1. In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
2. Gradually whisk in milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Cook, whisking often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened.
4. Whisk in half of the Asiago cheese and 1/3 cup (175 mL) of the Parmesan.Preparation
1. Spread one-quarter of the tomato sauce in 11- x 7-inch (2 L) glass baking dish; top with layer of noodles, trimming to fit.
2. Repeat layering.
3. Spread with one-third of the béchamel sauce; top with layer of noodles.
4. Scatter spinach on top; sprinkle with remaining Asiago.
5. Top with layer of noodles, one-quarter of the tomato sauce, another layer of noodles and one third of the béchamel sauce; repeat final layering once.
6. Cover with foil.
7. (Lasagna can be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours; add about 10 minutes to first baking time.)
8. Bake on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
9. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan; bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
10. Let stand for 20 minutes.
We're cooking up a delicious new site!
Check out our new look and stay tuned for ongoing changes across the BETA site.Check out the site