6 medium red bell peppers, roasted, cleaned and diced
1 cup white onion, chopped
1 cup potato, chopped
1 cup heavy cream, whole milk or coconut milk
4 cups no-salt-added chicken broth or 1 900 mL box of no-salt-added chicken broth
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 pats butter
salt, pepper and chili flakes, to taste
1. In a soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onions until they begin to sweat and turn translucent. Add the potatoes and garlic and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the peppers, broth, and cream/milk. Stir, cover, and bring down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Using a blender, blend everything until it reaches a creamy and smooth consistency.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and (optional) chili flakes to taste.
5. Serve immediately or let cool completely to room temperature before storing in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.