Roasted Turkey Breast with Pear and Cranberry Stuffing
- serves 8
½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1 onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
½ lb(s) pork
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped pears
¼ cup white or rosé white
¼ cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp dried breadcrumbs
1 pinch nutmeg
salt and pepperTurkey Breast
1 2 kg turkey breast with skin and without fillets
2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the cranberries, onion and garlic and cook until the cranberries burst. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, brown the pork in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add the pears and continue cooking over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes. Add the wine and broth. Reduce until nearly dry. Stir in the breadcrumbs and nutmeg. Adjust the seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.Turkey Breast
1. With the rack in the lower position, preheat the oven to 200?C (400?F).
2. Open the turkey breast and lay flat. Place lengths of string under the breast so the ends extend out from each side. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the stuffing down the middle. Close and tie.
3. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown the turkey breast on all sides in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
4. Turn the oven down to 170?C (325?F) and continue roasting until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre of the stuffing reads 74?C (166?F), about 2 1/4 hours.
5. Remove from the oven, tent with aluminium foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice, removing the string as you go. Place the slices on a warm serving platter.
6. Serve with Almond Sauce or Burst Cranberry Relish, Green Beans with White Wine Sauce and Boulangère Potatoes.