Roger Mooking's Baked Eggs
- prep time10 min
- total time 20 min
- serves 4
A quick and easy egg dish from Roger Mooking that's great for brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner.
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
8 fresh eggs, room temperature
1 plum tomato, seeded and finely diced
1 Tbsp butter
⅓ cup 35% cream
salt and pepper
½ bunch chives, finely sliced
4 slices of toast
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Divide vegetable oil and shallots evenly among four oven proof wide-mouthed ramekins.
3. Gently crack 2 eggs per ramekin.
4. Top eggs evenly with tomato, butter and cream.
5. Season with salt and pepper, place in oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until whites of egg have set.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with chives, serve immediately with toast.